The Functional Skills Maths and English delivery is with Vocational Relevance to help secure Student future Employerability. The Curriculum also underpins Vocational Course Learning by 10% with Study Skills such as Assignment writing and Problem solving:
- Speaking and listening: Discussion/Exchange: Both formal and informal to help format professional speaking and listening within the work environment.
- Reading, researching and interpreting information: To format report writing skills with skimming and scanning documents and interpreting them. An essential study skills for Assignment writing.
- Formal and Informal writing to communicate information: Report writing, formal letters, correct spelling, punctuation and grammar, and the difference between formal and informal writing.
- Representing – making sense of situations and representing them: How to find and interpret data of Vocational relevance.
- Analysing – processing and using the mathematics: The methods used to accurately represent and process data.
- Interpreting – and communicating the results of the analysis.