Skip to main content
What we offer our staff
- Generous annual leave entitlement: 35 days per annum for lecturing staff and 24 days per annum for support staff, all in addition to the statutory Bank Holidays and a Christmas College closure period.
- Generous pension schemes: Teachers’ Pension and LGPS career average pension schemes.
- Work-life balance support: We understand that situations arise where employees need time away from work which may include bereavement, emergency time off for dependent care or time off for public duties. We offer enhanced maternity leave and adoption leave pay and promote paternity leave and shared parental leave opportunities. We also offer various term-time only opportunities across the College to support work-life balance.
- Learning & development opportunities: We are proud to sit within the upper quartile of AoC Colleges in terms of spend on workforce development.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): From day one, employees and their dependents are provided with free access to our EAP online hub, 24-hour telephone and free dedicated counselling service if required.
- Health & wellbeing agenda: Healthy people, healthy organisation. We offer free use of the College gym, free flu vaccinations, regular wellbeing days and other fun in-house activities such as weekly yoga classes, a badminton club and lunchtime walking group, to help keep our employees active and feeling great.
- Reward & recognition: We believe employees should be recognised for their hard work and contribution to the College’s growth and success. Our colleague-led reward and recognition scheme helps us deliver on this belief. The BCA ‘Staff Stars’ programme allows employees to nominate colleagues that they believe have done a great job to be recognised and receive an award at our termly staff briefings.
- Long Service and Life Events Programme: We believe employers should be recognised at the important milestones in their life. Our comprehensive programme includes enhances maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes; additional days annual leave for graduations, moving house and weddings and additional leave for long service milestones, amongst many other benefits.
- Fully stocked staff lounge: We provide free tea, coffee and hot chocolate for all in our staff lounge.
- Corporate discounts: We’ve teamed up with a variety of local businesses to provide colleagues with some fantastic health and wellbeing discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye care voucher scheme (Specsavers)
- Access to a discounted personal health plan (AXA)
- Free on-site parking
- On-site dog kennels (spaces are not guaranteed)