Coronavirus – Wednesday 18th March 2020
COVID-19 | 18th MARCH 2020
PLEASE READ THIS COMMUNICATION VERY CAREFULLY
Dear Students, Parents and Carers,
We have been monitoring the national advice very carefully which states (as of March 16th) that schools and colleges should remain open.
There was a significant change in the general guidance on Monday afternoon, including:
- Students and staff with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for 7 days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others. Anyone who lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms should also stay at home for 14 days. People who have to isolate themselves should ask others for help.
- Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women.
- By the weekend, those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks.
In recent days, we have been balancing the requirements of the national advice, the health and well-being of both staff and students, and the concern to maintain students’ learning and achievement.
Following the latest change in the guidance, we are now preparing for staff and students to work from home from Monday 23rd March until and inclusive of Friday 3rd April, being the start of the Easter academic Holiday.
In order to allow staff time to prepare resources for students we will make Friday 20th March 2020 an INSET day. This means the last day of physical attendance for our students will be Thursday 19th March. This INSET day will provide teams with sufficient time to ensure that online resources and where appropriate paper resources are available to our students.
If you haven’t already, you will receive specific information relating to your learning via the Head of Department.
For any applicant who has an interview booked between Monday 23rd March through to Friday 3rd April, please be aware that these are now cancelled. You will be contacted shortly to make alternative arrangements but in the meantime, please be patient whilst we address this situation
We are doing our best to plan for what is a very fast challenging environment. However, as it is likely that the national guidance may change we may need to make further changes. We are continuing to monitor the information provided by Public Health England (PHE) to ensure that we are following the latest advice and guidance regarding the virus Covid-19. We will keep you updated as soon as we can and answer any questions you may have.
Also, due to the current Coronavirus crisis resulting in the College closure for the remainder of Term 2 we are prepared to arrange refunds for 11 days travel on Term 2 and Annual Bus Passes.
In order to claim for a refund, please email our Finance department on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Type of pass you purchased, Annual or Term 2
- How you paid, i.e. Online, by card, cheque or cash.
- Student name
- Student number
- Bank Account details for refund via BACS – to include: –
- Payee name
- (if payee surname different from student surname give relationship to student)
- Sort Code
- Account number.
- We do NOT require the CVV number
Once we receive your email we will locate your original payment to check the details and process your refund. We will endeavour to run a payment run for refunds at the end of each working week. BACS payments take three working days to reach your account. As we are currently running on skeleton staff please bear with us if there are any delays in refunding.
Disclaimer – this refund is an exception due to the situation and does not change our no refund policy as laid out in the terms & conditions signed at enrolment.
Update – Friday 20th March:
From today, the student absence text service has been suspended whilst the College is closed to students. Any absences reported via the text service will not be picked up.
Students need to inform their tutors directly via email or Google Hangouts if they are unable to attend a planned Google Meet session.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.