About The Course
This course is an introductory programme to the sport and leisure industry.
The course is designed to provide a broad foundation of skills and knowledge across a range of sport and leisure modules. It will involve a mixture of practical and theory modules and is assessed via a range of methods including projects, practical demonstrations, and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities, and demands.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms equipped with interactive learning technology, with access to high quality facilities including a full sized Sports Hall, a fully equipped fitness centre and a separate strength and conditioning facility. You will also learn through a range of relevant trips, visits and guest lectures.
Two GCSEs at grade 2 or above, including English. Learners must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment for their chosen study programme and successfully complete an academic interview.
At BCA we have:
- 99% pass rate across all sports programmes
- 98% of our students go on to full-time employment or further higher education
- Excellent links with local sports clubs including our Football Academy partnership with Maidenhead FC
Progression routes include the Level 2 Certificate or Level 2 Diploma in Sport or into the sports industry via employment or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Some example units include:
- Taking part in exercise & fitness
- How the body works
- Planning own fitness programme
- Assisting a leader of sports or active leisure activities to plan and deliver an activity
- Working in sport and active leisure
- Physical activities for children
- Exploring dance skills
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Taking part in sport
- Working in a team
- Learning from work placement
Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure
You will learn through a variety of theory and practical sessions and be assessed via a range of methods including:
- Written reports
- Practical observations
You will complete a 1 week external work placement in the sports industry.