About The Course
Specifically designed to develop the skills and knowledge to service and repair conventional, hybrid and electric vehicles for learners employed in the motor vehicle repair industry. This programme takes the Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship and brings it up to date with a streamlined, targeted and flexible structure.
The course will be delivered through:
- 2 Days a week College attendance for 36 weeks including either GCSE maths or English
- The rest of the week the student will be at the workplace. This will include:
- 45 Days Industry Placement at the workplace
- Workplace hours to meet employer requirements
- Employed in a suitable light vehicle inspection, service and repair workshop.
- Demonstrate a clear interest in and commitment to vehicle repair.
- Level 1 light vehicle maintenance and repair qualification pass grade achieved.
- Grade 4 or higher achieved in GCSE Maths and/or English Language
You will leave this course with a City of Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. This course can lead to a Level 3 BCA Work-Based Technical.
By the end of this course you should be able to inspect, service and carry out remove and re-fit repairs on modern petrol and diesel-powered cars and light vans
BCA Work-Based Technicals are focused on the training needs of the modern independent garage.
Modules cover the maintenance and inspection of the mechanical and electrical vehicle systems.
Units will cover light vehicle, mobile air conditioning and hybrid and EV safety technical qualifications
You will require PPE for practical lessons, they are:
- Steel toe capped safety boots
- Safety glasses
You will also require a pen for your practical and theory lessons at all times.
A course textbook will be required for this programme.
A locker will be provided to all students which will incur a fee with a non-refundable deposit.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair [4290-12]
- GCSE Maths or GCSE English
- Emergency First Aid
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Basic Mobile Air Conditioning [7543-01, 30GLH][Part 1]
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Operation and Maintenance [4290-70, 20GLH] [Subject to approval]
- T Level Industry Placement
The programme is assessed through practical skills assessments, online tests and a portfolio of evidence.
The programme is designed for learners employed in the motor vehicle repair industry, such as an independent garage, service centre or specialist repair company.
City & Guilds