About The Course
This qualification is ideal for learners who are interested in pursuing a career in the sports industry. This unique programme will give you the opportunity to tailor your course to your area of interest where you will have the choice of one of two sports pathways: Sports Coaching or Sport, Exercise and Fitness.
You will study core modules as well as modules specific to your pathway and have the opportunity to gain a specific additional qualification which will enable you to access employment in this area.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms equipped with interactive learning technology, with access to high quality facilities including a full sized Sports Hall, a fully equipped fitness centre and a separate strength and conditioning facility. You will also learn through a range of relevant trips, visits and guest lectures.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English, maths and preferably PE and/or science or a Level 1 Diploma in Sport with GCSE English and maths at grade 3 or above. All applicants must successfully complete an academic interview.
At BCA we have:
- 99% pass rate across all sports programmes
- 98% of our students go on to full-time employment or further higher education
- Excellent links with local sports clubs including our Football Academy partnership with Maidenhead FC
Successful completion of this course will lead to opportunities to progress onto a Level 3 qualification in Sport or Outdoor Education, onto an apprenticeship or into employment in the sports industry.
Students must study all of the following core modules:
- Participating in sport
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition
- Sports Coaching or Plan/Deliver & Evaluate
- Development of personal fitness through training
Students must then select their pathway of choice (to do in addition to the above modules):
- Physical Fitness and Injuries in sport
- Introduction to Sport Massage
- Developing sporting skills and tactical awareness
- Performance Analysis for sport
Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Sport
You will learn through a variety of theory and practical sessions and be assessed via a range of methods including:
- Written reports
- Practical observations
You will complete a 1 week external work placement in the sports industry.