About The Course
The Level 2 Diploma in Protective Services (Public Services) will provide you with specialist, industry-relevant knowledge, understanding and skills that are necessary for pursuing a career in a range of uniformed services. Over the course of the programme, you will study a range of specialist units and participate in a number of trips, visits, events, and activities that will set you on the path of your chosen career.
With expert tutors, we will provide an environment where a potential future protective services employee can mature by developing the required confidence, team-working and physical fitness and skills that are appropriate for direct progression to employment or to continue their studies.
The course is delivered by experienced Lecturers with Protective Services backgrounds. The units are taught via a multitude of engaging and exciting methods including, role plays, guest speakers, trips and expedition alongside traditional lectures and interactive online learning.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above to include English and maths. Applicants must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the Protective Services and the development of their own leadership, teamwork, fitness levels and communication skills.
Successful completion of this course will lead to opportunities to progress onto a Level 3 qualification in Protective Services (Public Services), onto an apprenticeship or into direct employment.
Some example units include:
- Protective Service Skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Career Planning for the Protective Services
- Improving Health & Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Protective Services
- Adventurous Activities & Teamwork for the Protective Services
- Crime & its Effects
- Expedition Skills in Protective Services
This is a fast-paced course which encompasses the core values of the Protective Services, preparing you for application and selection in the sector. The course makes full use of the excellent facilities:
- Modern classrooms, fully equipped with IT support
- 3 full-size football pitches & a full-sized rugby pitch
- A state of the art sports hall, incorporating 4 badminton courts, a full-sized basketball court and cricket nets
- Indoor and outdoor climbing facilities
- High & low rope courses
- Archery range
- A fully-equipped fitness centre and a separate strength and conditioning facility
Level 2 Diploma in Protective Services (Public Services)
Assessment is conducted via a selection following methods:
- Written reports
- Practical observations
All students will participate in a number of scenario-based exercises aimed to develop skills for working in pressurised environments. Students will also have opportunities to visit and participate in taster experiences for a number of protective service roles.