About The Course
This qualification covers a range of key subject areas in health and social care. It offers mandatory units and a variety of optional units; enabling learners to pursue an interest in specific areas of social care and health studies, while still allowing enough diversity for the optional units to be tailored to suit a learner’s preferred progression path.
Additionally the Care Certificate links directly to the care sector with standards that are supported by the CACHE assignments for cross reference giving learners the opportunity to have a meaningful industry placement experience.
The course will be delivered three days a week in college, one day a week in industry placement and 2 x Block weeks in industry placement.
Four GCSEs at grade 2 – 4.
Achievement of the Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care can support learners’ access to the L3 Technical Certificate in Health and Social Care; successful completion of the Care Certificate can significantly impact on progression into a wide range of job roles within the health and social care sector, including:
- Care Support Workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare Assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- Care Support Workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services
- Community-based Support Workers
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Extended Diploma Health and Social Care:
- Equality and Diversity
- Human Growth and Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Infection Prevention and Control
- End of Life Care
This is an interesting, diverse course designed to equip the Health and Social Professionals of the 21st century with key skills and knowledge to take them to the next stage of their development.
The course is challenging, with learners expected to be self reliant, taking responsibility for their own learning by producing well researched and referenced submissions to meet course deadlines. Learners are supported by an experienced team of lecturers, some of whom also work part time in the Health and Social Care industry.
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Extended Diploma Health and Social Care
- Careskills Level 2 Care Certificate
100% coursework (internally marked)
Previous placements have included:
- Residential Care Home
- Nursing Home
- Day Centre
- Children’s Centre
- Health Centre
- Supported/Sheltered Accommodation
- Domiciliary/Community care
- Respite Care
- Residential Schools
- Assessment Centre
- Special Schools
- Specialised Voluntary Groups