About The Course
This qualification is ideal for learners who are interested in pursuing a career as a sports coach. This unique programme will give you the opportunity to tailor your course to your area of interest as well as focusing on all attributes of being a coach.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms equipped with interactive learning technology, with access to high quality facilities including a full sized Sports Hall, a fully equipped fitness centre and a separate strength and conditioning facility. You will also learn through a range of relevant trips, visits and guest lectures.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English, maths and preferably PE and/or science or a Level 1 Diploma in Sport with GCSE English and maths at grade 3 or above. All applicants must successfully complete an academic interview.
At BCA we have:
- 99% pass rate across all sports programmes
- 98% of our students go on to full-time employment or further higher education
- Excellent links with local sports clubs including our Football Academy partnership with Maidenhead FC
Successful completion of this course will lead to opportunities to progress onto a Level 3 qualification in Sport or Outdoor Education, onto an apprenticeship or into employment in the sports industry.
Some example units include:
- Prepare for activity sessions
- Lead activity sessions
- Conclude and review activity sessions
- Support the work of the team and organisation
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
- Contribute to participants’ personal and social development
- Set up, take down and store activity equipment
Level 2 NVQ in Sports Activity Leaderships
You will learn through a variety of theory and practical sessions and be assessed via a range of methods including:
- Practical observations
- Written reports
You will be given a wide variety of opportunities throughout the year, coaching across different ages and abilities.