About the course
Throughout life we experience numerous Events which make up part of the highlights of life’s journey. Events Management is an extremely satisfying course to study as you learn and appreciate the importance of excellence.
This 1 year Level 3 course in the Principles of Events Management is for learners who work in or want to work within the area of event venues, events organisation or events exhibitions. Qualified staff with a vast experience of Events Management mean you will also benefit from visits to events and hospitality shows and have access to guest speakers.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (including Maths & English) OR Functional or Key Skills awards at Level 2 OR BTEC Level 2 Diploma (minimum Merit grade achieved)
- Successful completion of internal assessment
- International students need to have IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (min 5.0 in Reading and Writing)
From this course you could progress on to a Foundation or BA degree course at University. Alternatively, you may wish to continue your studies with a National Diploma in Business at the College. If you wish to go into employment, this course is a good basis from which to apply for an internship or entry job at a large company.
Students will study a range of topics to include:
- The Events Industry
- Research and Report Information to Plan and Organise an Event
- Operational Event Planning
- Health, Safety and Security at Events Sites
- Event Setup and Breakdown
- How to Manage the Running of an Event
- Event Evaluation and Reporting
- Working Relationships in the Events Industry
This course is delivered predominantly through theory lessons, group seminars and external professional development (industry placement). You will also have individual tutorials with your Course Manager on a regular basis in order to monitor and track your progress. Guest speakers, trips and visits are used to enhance the learning environment where possible learners will get the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to the events industry
- planning events, health and safety, setup and breakdown
- managing the running of events
- evaluation and reporting and working relationships
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Weekly and Block Event placement opportunities in order to experience the world of event management within the industry, synthesising theory with practice.
There are the opportunities to forge links whilst doing work placement which could potentially lead to full time employment along with the opportunity to further qualifications with a Diploma in Business Management.
- A Level 3 Certificate in Events Management
Assessment is an integral part of the overall learning process and our student centred approach aims to promote and enhance creativity, analytical thinking, research skills and effective communication skills. You will be assessed through project work, written assignments, in class tests, presentations and observations.
Industry placement is an intrinsic part of the course. Throughout the duration of the course a weekly industry placement to gain experience within the events management industry is mandatory along with a block placement to synthesise theory with practice in the work place.