Our dedicated one-day course provides you with full working knowledge, covering everything from biology and behavior to risks associated with wasp and bee control. If you’ve got further career aspirations in pest control, this certificate will count as evidence for the Lantra pest control qualifications.
Our experienced instructors will broaden your understanding of professional wasp and bee control, with a mixture of training and assessment and you will receive a Lantra certificate of competence.
Additional Course Dates:
Contact us on 01628 827317 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We know how important it is for you and your staff to have the necessary qualifications to fulfil your work commitments. See below our course dates, which may be subject to change.
Please call to discuss your requirements.
- Legislation that affects pest management
- Common terms for using biocides
- Public health biocides product labels
- Safe storage and transport of biocides
- Disposal of biocides and containers
- Keeping biocide records
- Introduction to hymenoptera
- Wasp species and biology
- Nest building and surveys
- Reasons for control
- Safety and legislation
- Non-chemical control and monitoring
- Chemical control options
- Honey bees: biology and control
- Other key species.
What will be covered in these sessions:
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Understand how biocides can enter the body and CoSHH assessments
- Correct use, storage, and maintenance of PPE
- Understand integrated pest management and control risk hierarchy
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
- Understand how Wasps and Bees live, breed, and develop and how they fit into the animal kingdom
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of insect control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits, and habitats of the main wasp and bee species and understand the main reasons why they may need to be controlled
- Understand the way insecticides are applied and the importance of maintaining application equipment to a high standard
- Have an awareness of the other commonly encountered Hymenoptera species.
Please call us on 01628 827317 or email email@example.com if you have any queries regarding this course, or would like to book.
- This is a course with an integrated assessment
- Please bring appropriate PPE