Gain an industry-recognised certificate in rodent control with our one-day course. Commensal rodents are those that live in close proximity to humans In essence, the term refers to rats and mice. Our course is designed for anyone new to or wishing to develop their skills further in, rodent control. You’ll learn about both the rodents and the biocides used in their control.
This is an integrated training and assessment course. You’ll receive a certificate of training once it is
completed. This is now a requirement for anyone wishing to work in pest control. We’ll guide you through the key legislation and safety issues and you’ll learn about the biology and behaviour of rodents, storage and transportation, disposal, and control will also be covered.
Additional Course Dates:
Contact us on 01628 827317 | email@example.com
We know how important it is for you and your staff to have the necessary qualifications to fulfil your work commitments. See below our course dates, which may be subject to change.
26th July 2022
This is an integrated training and assessment course. You’ll receive a certificate of training once it’s completed.
- Legislation that affects pest management
- Common terms for using biocides
- Public health biocides product labels
- Safe storage and transport of biocides
- Disposal of biocides and containers
- Keeping biocide records
- Specific legislation and best practices for the management and control of rats and mice
- Target pest species
- Non-target species
- Site surveys
- Evaluate control options
- Control programmes.
What will be covered?
Safe Use of Biocides – by the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
Commensal Rodents -by the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits, and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
Please call us on 01628 827317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding this course, or would like to book.
- This is a course with an integrated assessment
- Please bring appropriate PPE