Step back in time with a unique opportunity to explore our historic mansion and parkland. Usually inaccessible to the public, Hall Place at BCA will offer a warm welcome on Sunday 20th May 2018 as it throws open its doors to visitors, as part of the Chelsea Fringe, Henley.
Date: Sunday 20th May 2018
Times: 12pm – 4pm
Cost: £5 per person. Under 3’s go free.
Visitors will have the unique opportunity to explore the Grade 1 listed mansion-house, Grade 2 Parklands and the countryside within the beautiful 400-acre estate.
The days’ activities have been based on Diana – Goddess of Hunting, in order to raise money to restore our rare statue of Diana of Versailles, erected by Joseph Bancks in the 1600’s. Throughout the afternoon you will have the opportunity to:
- Delve into the site’s rich history which extends as far back as 1234 when a manor house was first recorded on the site. Join our horticulture experts on a history tour of our gardens, which include our historic Diana statue, woodland & our recently discovered Jubilee Trees.
- Selfie opportunities aplenty with our floral themed selfie frame created by our talented Floristry students.
- Explore and enjoy stunning Berkshire countryside along the estate’s many footpaths.
- Enjoy archery activities on the back lawn, or simply observe in the comfort of a bell tent supplied by local company Indigo Flamingo: www.ifbelltents.com
- Treat yourself at our plant sale, full of wonderful items grown by our Horticulture students.
- Live music from ‘Reading’s Finest Funk Band’ Selina and the Howlin Dogs: www.selinaandthehowlindogs.com
There will also be activities to keep the little ones entertained including ‘Hunt the Hen’ – A fun trail leading around the gardens whilst keeping a lookout for our strategically placed hens.
Stout footwear and weather-appropriate clothing are advised. The ground underfoot may be uneven and we regret it is unsuitable for wheelchairs.
Locally sourced refreshments will be available to purchase on the day and enjoyed on the back terrace, which overlooks the magnificent grounds. Please note, refreshments are not included in the ticket cost.