Additional Learning Support
At BCA we recognise that our students come to us with a range of different skills, abilities and experiences. Additional Learning Support is available across the College to help students with evidence of declared learning needs.
Declared learning needs can include:
- Specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dyspraxia
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health (behavioural, emotional and social difficulties)
- Sensory impairments
- Physical and medical difficulties
- Mental health difficulties
- Social and communication difficulties such as ASC
Our friendly and knowledgeable team of support staff and specialist tutors work together with curriculum area to provide support where necessary. Additional Learning Support can be delivered in the classroom, on an individual basis, or in small groups.
Additional Learning Support can include:
- Transitional support
- Mentoring and guidance
- In-class support
- Anxiety and behaviour management
- Assignment planning and writing
- Developing literacy and numeracy skills
- Assistive technologies
It is important that any student entering BCA with a history of learning difficulty should give details during their interview process, to enable us to arrange appropriate support for September.
If you’d like to talk to a member of the ALS team, please call us on 01628 827549 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org