Our unique timetable at BCA, allows students to maximise their time both in and out of the classroom. The Womens Football Academy will offer frequent coaching every week, with emphasis placed upon developing your tactical and technical ability along with regular fixtures in a variety of competitions and extended competitive calendar. BCA want all players entering the academy to develop both physically and academically, we also encourage our players to continue representing their regular club team. The Womens Football Academy has the benefit of accessing all Football Academy staff along with their very own specialist coach.
Who can join the programme?
Any one of our full time college students can apply to be in the Football Academy. Previous playing experience is desirable.
What are the benefits?
- Games in British Colleges Leagues
- Training from all Football Academy staff
- Specialist Goalkeeper coach
- Training programme and nutritional advice
- Strength and conditioning sessions
- Professional club links for players
- Opportunity to combine education and sport together
- Dedicated tutor for the duration of your study
- Regular fixtures in a variety of competitions
At BCA, we pride ourselves on our ‘student athlete’ ethos, and have very clear expectations for all Academy of Sport students.
- You must evidence outstanding attendance upon your course and during training
- All assignment work must be handed in on time
- Your behaviour must be excellent and worthy of role model status
- You must meet all other individual course expectations
- Be smartly dressed in Academy of Sport attire on competition days
Once students display all of these attributes, then they will be considered to represent the College in their chosen sport.
Where does it take place?
BCA are extremely proud to boast a beautiful 400 acre estate with stunning surroundings. Amongst all of this, we have our own sports and fitness centre, designated training area, specialist match pitches and performance gym all on site, so travelling to external training venues is not necessary.
Is there any cost involved?
Womens Football Academy students are expected to invest in the official football training kit package. Academy of Sport students are clearly identifiable by their unique apparel which is deliberately different to course related clothing.
How do I apply?
We hold trial dates throughout each academic year and any potential Academy of Sport students are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. Remember, you need to be on a full time college course to apply for one of our academies.
If you have any further questions please contact Head of Football; Aaron O’Brien on AOBrien@bca.ac.uk or call 01628 827425.