Parents and Carers
- All Parents and Careers with students under the age of 18 are required to sign a consent form. This form is included in the enrolment pack the student will have received in the summer. You can also pop into our office to pick up a copy.
- Students must apply for their own work placement. Employers see this as commitment and professional behaviour.
- If your child/young person has any welfare, learning or disability needs you have a duty to inform the employer. Please contact us if you need to discuss this further.
- A standard working week is 37.5 hours. All students are expected to work the normal working pattern of the industry they intend to enter.
- Details of how placement works can be found on Moodle.
- All students must wear the BCA kit unless the employer asks them the wear their business’ uniform.
- During the placement a BCA representative will visit all students to discuss progression and to ensure all students are safe.
- Should you have any concerns please contact us, we are very happy to help and support.
- Your child/young person will need to complete a logbook during their placement. Employers are asked to contribute to this.
Download: 2015/16 Work Placement Dates
Download: Terms and Conditions – Over 18 students
Download: Terms and Conditions – Under 18 Students