The Industry Placement (IP) team are looking forward to working with you, supporting you through the IP process and helping you to select and secure a meaningful and rewarding IP.
Our office is based downstairs in the Learning Centre building. You are very welcome at any time or you can make an appointment to discuss your placement.
BCA has a dedicated Industry Placement department at the College. As part of your study programme at BCA, all students undertake some form of industry placement. We work with companies across the sectors our courses cover to provide you with outstanding opportunities in industry. Placement enriches students in many ways- it gives you the opportunity to see your industry in action and puts the skills you have learned into practice gaining you valuable working skills and experience.
Top 5 Reasons why IP is important
- The study Programme – You IP is part of the study programme so is a compulsory module on your course
- Networking – You’ll meet people at work and might attend meetings or events. You’ll make contacts that could provide a reference or help you in the future
- Apprenticeships – When applying for an apprenticeship your industry placement will give you the opportunity to stand out and showcase your skills in a competitive market. A placement may also lead to an apprenticeship or future employment.
- University – It is important to stand out when applying for university. Work placements and volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your skills in your chosen subject
- Self Confidence – Working with other people in your chosen industry will help build your confidence.
We have over 1,600 employers in our database and always welcome more. These are employers we trust and have worked with previously, ranging from small-scale, local operations to multinational businesses. There is a placement for everyone and we are dedicated to making sure you get the right one for you.
Click here to access the Industry Placement App to search for employers, confirm your placements, manage and record evidence while in the workplace on your placement and build employability skills. Access with your BCA login details.
Contact the IP Team
Michelle Dawes email@example.com 01628 827532 / 07483140380
Animal Management, Agriculture
Adrian Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org 01628 827458 / 07789267596
Early Years, Health & Social Care, Applied Science, Supported Internships
Jason Gosney email@example.com 01628 827506 / 07789905894
Motor Vehicle, Sports Studies, Equine Studies
Natalie Portsmouth firstname.lastname@example.org 01628 827495 / 07827446771
Creative Media, Performing Arts, Art & Design, Horticulture, Floristry, Business Studies, Travel & Tourism
Tricia Whitehouse email@example.com 01628 827323 / 07789265726
Industry Placement Manager