The Industry Placement (IP) team are looking forward to working with you, supporting you through the IP process and helping you to select and secure a meaningful and rewarding IP.
As part of Beyond BCA, our office is based downstairs in the Learning Centre building. You are very welcome at any time or you can make an appointment to discuss your placement.
BCA has a dedicated Industry Placement department at the College. As part of your study programme at BCA, all students undertake some form of industry placement. We work with companies across the sectors our courses cover to provide you with outstanding opportunities in industry. Placement enriches students in many ways – it gives you the opportunity to see your industry in action and puts the skills you have learned into practice gaining you valuable working skills and experience.
Top 5 Reasons Why Industry Placement is Important
- The Study Programme – Your IP is part of the study programme so is a compulsory module on your course
- Networking – You’ll meet people at work and might attend meetings or events. You’ll make contacts that could provide a reference or help you in the future
- Apprenticeships – When applying for an apprenticeship, your industry placement will give you the opportunity to stand out and showcase your skills in a competitive market. A placement may also lead to an apprenticeship or future employment.
- University – It is important to stand out when applying for university. Work placements and volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your skills in your chosen subject
- Self Confidence – Working with other people in your chosen industry will help build your confidence.
We have over 2000 employers in our database and always welcome more. These are employers we trust and have worked with previously, ranging from small-scale, local operations to multinational businesses. There is a placement for everyone and we are dedicated to making sure you get the right one for you.
Click here to visit our dedicated website and once enrolled you will be able to access your online dashboard to organise your placement.
Contact the Industry Placement Team
Contact the Industry Placement team on the details below:
|Name||Contact Email||Telephone||Mobile Number||Subjects|
|Tricia Whitehouseemail@example.com||01628 827323||07789 265726||Employability, Placement & Careers Manager|
|Niki Ince-Greenfirstname.lastname@example.org||01628 827440||07483042712||Beyond BCA Co-ordinator & Pastoral Support|
|Kerrie Priceemail@example.com||01628 827516||N/A||Beyond BCA Administrator|
|Adrian Stewartfirstname.lastname@example.org||01628 827458||07789 267596||Employability & Placement Adviser:
Health & Social Care
|Nuha Abdiemail@example.com||01628 827495||07827 446771||Employability & Placement Adviser:
Art & Design,
|Claire Kkaisfirstname.lastname@example.org||01628 827532||07484 098837||Employability & Placement Adviser:
|Kim Whileyemail@example.com||01628 827506||07483 140380||Employability & Placement Adviser:
|Michael Fewfirstname.lastname@example.org||01628 827567||07484 098837||Employability & Placement Adviser:
Higher Education Registrar & Careers