BCA Students are lucky enough to have a dedicated Industry Placement department at the College. As part of your study programme at BCA, all students undertake some form of industry placement. We work with companies across the sectors our courses cover to provide you with outstanding opportunities in industry. Placement enriches students in many ways- it gives you the opportunity to see your industry in action and puts the skills you have learned into practice gaining you valuable working skills and experience.
We have over 1,600 employers in our database and always welcome more. These are employers we trust and have worked with previously, ranging from small scale, local operations to multinational businesses. There is a placement for everyone and we are dedicated to making sure you get the right one for you.
Why is Industry Placement Important?
- Industry placement introduces you to the world of work – It will give you an idea of the nitty gritty of your industry and the skills that are most valuable with it.
- Building relationships with potential future employers – Students often impress their employer so much that their placement can result in a job offer. One in four students found employment as a result of their industry placement in 2018/19.
- Enhancing your CV – Students with work are always more attractive to future employers.
- An industry placement is a compulsory requirement on your BCA study programme.
- Experiencing different settings – Helping you make meaningful decisions about what sector you intend to specialise in beyond your studies.
For more information contact the team via email on: email@example.com or give Niki, our Industry Placement Administrator, a call on: 01628 827440
Whilst we will do our best to reply to you with 24 hours, we may be out visiting students and employers.