BCA Students are lucky enough to have a dedicated Industry Placement department at the college which is part of the Beyond BCA team. As part of your study programme at BCA, all students undertake some form of industry placement. We work with companies across the sectors our courses cover to provide you with outstanding opportunities in the industry. Placement enriches students in many ways – it gives you the opportunity to see your industry in action and puts the skills you have learned at college into practice gaining you valuable working skills and experience.
We have over 2,000 employers in our database and always welcome more. These are employers we trust and have worked with previously, ranging from small-scale, local operations to multinational businesses. We believe that there is a placement for everyone regardless of their circumstances and we are dedicated to supporting you and making sure you get the right placement for you.
Why is Industry Placement Important?
- Industry placement introduces you to the world of work – It will give you an idea of the day-to-day elements of your industry and the skills that are most valuable to it.
- It allows you to build relationships with potential future employers – Students often impress their employer so much that their placement can result in a job offer.
- It enhances your CV – Students with work experience are always more attractive to future employers.
- An industry placement is a compulsory requirement for your BCA study programme.
- It gives you the opportunity to experience different settings – Helping you make meaningful decisions about what sector you intend to specialise in beyond your studies.
For more information contact the team via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or give Niki, our Industry Placement Coordinator, a call on 01628 827440, you can also visit our Beyond BCA website
Whilst we will do our best to reply to you with 24 hours, we may be out visiting students and employers.