About The Course
The BTEC Level 3 Diplomas are broadly equivalent to two/three GCE A Levels. The programme aims to provide students with an in depth understanding of the operations and structures of businesses and also to equip students with the skills required to succeed in employment or at university.
This course is delivered predominantly through theory lessons, group seminars and external professional development (industry placement). You will also have individual tutorials with your Course Manager on a regular basis in order to monitor and track your progress.
Guest speakers, trips and visits are used to enhance the learning environment where possible.
Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths.
Students that successfully complete their programme of study could progress onto a Business related degree or Higher National Diploma. Previous Level three students have gone directly into employment in areas of growth in finance, administration and management.
Students will cover a range of topics that include:
- Exploring Business
- Personal and Business Finance
- Event Management
- Pitching a new Business
- Principles of Management
- International Business
- Recruitment and Selection
- Work Experience in Business
- Business Decision Making
- Investigating Corporate Social Responsibility
All students are required to supply their own stationery and in order to make the induction of your course as smooth as possible, it is essential that you are prepared before you start.
The items you will need for your first day are:
- A full pencil case
- A notebook
- An A4 lever arch file, dividers and plastic poly pockets
- Highlighter pens
- Laptop or tablet (only if available to you)
- Graph paper and a calculator
- A Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business Studies
60% of your assessment will be through internally assessed practical project work, coursework, written assignments, time-constrained assignments and through giving presentations. 40% of your course credit will be through external assessment.
Industry Placement is a fantastic opportunity for you to get hands-on experience and is also a compulsory and invaluable part of your course. We have a fantastic Industry Placement Team who will support you along your placement journey.
- Level 3, Year 1 students will complete one day a week placement alongside two one week block placements.
- Level 3, Year 2 students will complete two block placements during the academic year, of which one will be for two weeks and the other for one week.