As a specialist land-based, inclusive college, BCA acknowledges responsibility for its environmental impact in business practice and potential to affect positive outcomes through community and educational engagement.
- Identify and measure the most environmentally impactful campus practices through annual environmental audits
- Implement carbon reduction SMART goals, derived from annual audits
- Practice and improve, where possible, resource efficiency
- Ensure waste is managed to reduce landfill waste and maximise re-use and recycling of products.
- Raise awareness of environmental challenges and sustainable practices, amongst students and staff
- Involve the College community in achieving the College’s Sustainability SMART goals
- Collaborate with Third Party services and suppliers to measure and reduce negative environmental impact of business practice
- Implement cost reduction SMART goals, derived from aforementioned annual audits
- Share awareness of current sustainability issues and college strategy with stakeholders
- Develop current and new relationships with environmental & energy partners where possible