In accordance with government guidelines, we shall adhere to the current social distancing rules of maintaining 2m apart on all of our courses.
This course covers work positioning and using a chainsaw to cut horizontal and vertical sections in the tree. The course covers free-fall and handheld techniques and different types of cuts. You’ll also get a chance to use battery-operated saws, as well as petrol-driven top handled chainsaws. This course was also known as CS39.
Additional Course Dates:
Please contact us on 01628 827317 | email@example.com
We know how important it is for you and your staff to have the necessary qualifications to fulfil your work commitments. See below our course dates, which may be subject to change.
2nd – 4th June 2021 – NOW FULL
3rd – 5th August 2021
What can I progress to?
There are a number of options following the successful completion of this course and the related assessment; however, the usual route is to complete the ‘rigging’ course:
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging (21-09 CS41)
What do I need for this course?
You will need the following equipment and PPE for this course.
- One top-handled chainsaw in good working order. Complete with owner’s manual and chainsaw lanyard.
- Two round chainsaw files as appropriate to chain type.
- An appropriate file holder (for above files).
- One 6” flat file – smooth cut with rounded edges.
- File handles for the above files.
- Combi-spanner / screwdriver.
- Depth gauge filing guide with bar scraper (or separate bar scraper).
- Grease gun for guide as applicable.
- A combination fuel/oil can, with fuel and oil sufficient for the course.
- Climbing equipment with LOLER certificate*(harness, climbing rope x 2, adjustable lanyard, min 4 Prusik loops, 4 karabiners, spikes, flipline). All equipment should be CE certified and no hand tied prusiks please.
- *NOTE: LOLER certificates or proof of purchase for equipment under 6 months old, must be shown to both the trainer and the assessor therefore please make these available on the relevant days.
- Protective helmet with chin strap, ear and eye protection.
- Chainsaw trousers: Type C with all round leg and groin protection.
- Chainsaw protective boots with good grip.
- Wet weather clothing (if needed).
- One personal first aid kit (see FISA 802).
Please notify us of any shortages before the course for equipment or PPE.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Yes, you must have completed the courses listed below before booking this course:
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and crosscutting (20-03 CS30)
- Level 2 Award in Felling Trees up to 380mm (20-04 CS31)
- Level 2 Award in Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue (20-13 CS38)
A further one day is required for the assessment with an independent assessor.